Bike Shelter Upgrade
Project Name: Bike Shelter Upgrade
Client: Public Transport Authority
Project Value: $656,000
Between January and June 2019, seven stations across the Transperth network received upgrades to their bike shelter facilities, as part of a broader program to meet the growing demand for bike parking at our stations.
The program created around 350 further spaces, this included building new shelters, extending existing shelters, and fit-out upgrades to install high-density bike racks, allowing more bikes to safely fit into each shelter.
The Works comprise of the following:
- Clearing of existing vegetation and/or hardstands.
- Installation of new concrete slab.
- Electrical works included – Installation of new cabling & conduits, new security cabling & CCTV and new lights.
- Fabrication, treatment and installation of steel structural framework.
- Installation of curved corrugated roof sheeting.
- Removal of existing bikeracks and installation of new.
- Remediation works to the existing landscaping around the shelter.
The construction of bike shelters was completed within operational railway stations.
Bike Shelter Locations include Beckenham Station, Cannington Station, Clarkson Station, Henley Brook Bus Station, North Fremantle Station, Meltham Station, Victoria Park Station, Victoria Street Station, Warwick Station and Wellard Station