Cottesloe Primary School - Administration Refurbishme
Project Name: Cottesloe Primary School - Administration Refurbishment
Client: Building Management and Works
Architect:Parry + Whyte Architects
Project Value: $1,493,935
The refurbishment to the existing Administration Area at Cottesloe Primary school included:
- Removal of asbestos in the roof ceiling space.
- Demolition of existing electrical, hydraulic fixtures, floor coverings, cabinetry, skirting, walls.
- Forming of new arched openings.
- Construction of new metal stud walls clad in plasterboard and plasterboard ceilings.
- New aluminium glazing partitions, doors and windows.
- Fabrication and installation of new timber frames and doors.
- New concrete slab to the toilet facilities.
- Electrical works consisted of rewiring, new lights, data points, powerpoints, duress system, communications and security systems.
- Mechanical works consisted of new split units, exhaust systems to the toilets and roof safety systems to access.
- Hydraulic works consisted of new prelays, water supply and fitoff to the toilets.
- Painting of walls, ceilings, doors and windows.
- External works consisted of a brick retaining walls, backfilling, paving, installation of handrails, and tactiles.
- Fabrication and installation of cabinetry to the Administration area, Toilets and Medical room.
- Installation of vinyl and carpet tiles to rooms.
Cottesloe Primary School remained fully operational during the construction/refurbishment.