Curtin University - Geophysics Department and Petroleum Engineering
Project Name: Curtin University - Geophysics Department and Petroleum Engineering
Client: Curtin University
Architect: Armstrong Parkin Architects
Project Value: $602,000
During the constructions period, the University remained fully operational. The University had strict noise constriction guidelines/time periods to minimise noise especially during exam periods and special events.
Prior to commencing work on site all contractors, sub-contractors and their employees were required to complete the Curtin University Contractor Induction on-line.
The upgraded consisted of the following:
- Demolition of existing benches, floor surfaces, ceiling grid, doors and glazed partitions.
- Hydraulic works included installation of new waste pipework and installation of basins and sinks.
- New electrical works included new lighting, wiring, data points, powerpoints, 3 phase power outlets.
- Installation of new vinyl flooring throughout the rooms.
- Fabrication and installation of new benchtops, drawers and cabinets.
- Installation of new plasterboard lined walls and ceiling grid and tiles.
- Painting of new walls.
- Installation of glazed aluminium doors and windows.
- Mechanical works consisted of new exhaust systems and evaporative system.