PTA DDA Upgrades - Beckenham Train Station
Project Name: PTA DDA Upgrades - Beckenham Train Station
Client: Public Transport Authority
Architect: Coniglio Ainsworth Architects
Project Value: $7,500,000
Upgrade of operating train station, included platform works - removal and replacement of all edge angles, paving, hydraulics, demolition and electrical works. Demolition and construction of two new shelters with vitreous enamel panels. Upgrade to car parks including civil, hydraulics, electrical, concrete, paving and earthworks.
Note: As station was operating, pedestrian and site workers safety was paramount.
Scope: The works generally comprises of but is not limited to:
- Various demolition works
- Installation of new platform edge angles
- Installation of new platform and forecourt paving
- Installation of new platform canopies
- Installation of new platform access stairs and ramps, including handrails and balustrades, with finishes.
- Installation of new service cabinets and pits.
- Installation of new platform drainage
- Installation of new platform retaining walls
- Installation of new / replacement rail reserve fencing
- Installation of new at-grade 2 off pedestrian crossings, paths
- Installation of new overhead masts to up-main and down-main platforms
- Associated civil and road works, including installation of new car-parking, fencing, paths, kerbing, wheel stops, ramps, landscaping, line marking, services and signage
- Electrical works including communications, electrical services , CCTV, audio loops, PA, earthing and bonding
- Hydraulic works including roof plumbing, stormwater, drainage and soakwell installation.
- Construction of PTA/ Transperth signage and pavement marking
- Staging of works to suit uninterrupted operation of station throughout duration of WUC
- Car parks upgrades