Public Transport Centre Ground Floor Water Closet Redevelopment
Project Name: Public Transport Centre Ground Floor Water Closet Redevelopment
Client: Public Transport Authority
Project Value: $549,800
A redevelopment of the public toilet facilities located in the ground floor lobby of the Public Transport Centre (PTC) was required due to a projected increase in demand for these facilities arising from the opening of the new Perth Stadium and the new Forrestfield Airport Link.
Temporary toilets with service connection were installed on the platform adjacent to the existing toilets whilst works were undertaken.
Works undertaken included:
- Demolition of internal walls, internal finishes and toilet hardware and fittings.
- Fabrication, supply and installation of structural steel to support the existing mezzanine.
- New load-bearing brick walls constructed to suit the reconfigured layout.
- Tiling of floors and walls to First Aid Room, Disabled WC, Female and Male toilets.
- Installation of 3 x Auto doors with glazing, auto door beams and associated electrical works.
- New Aquachek ceiling installed throughout.
- New toilet partitions installed to the Male and Female toilets.
- Modification of existing electrical, security and fire systems wiring, new lighting and new switchboard installed.
- Modification of existing hydraulic pipework to suit the new configuration of the bathrooms. New hydraulic fixtures installed throughout.
- Modification of existing ductwork with exhaust locations being modified and replacement of existing fan.
- Cabinetry installed to the First Aid Room.
- Painting of new ceiling, doors and door frames.