Kwinana Train Service Facility Upgrade
Project Name: Kwinana Train Service Facility Upgrade
Client: Aurizon Pty Ltd
Project Value: $ 589,940
Aurizon required an upgrade of their existing Train Service Facility at their Kwinana train depot due to the relocation of standard gauge locomotives from their Forrestfield train depot.
The works included:
- Removal of asbestos panels from the existing TSF.
- Sandblasting and repainting of TSF structural steel.
- Installation of strengthening structural steel to the existing TSF structure.
- Construction of a rail washdown area with webforge grating covering the rail pit.
- Mechanical pipelines were installed from the existing Rolling Shed Facility to the refurbished TSF to allow use of nitrate, diesel, lube oil and detergent.
- Fitoff of the existing shelter included the following; new lighting, hose reels, stormwater pipework and 3 phase GPO’s.
- Installation of a 5KL lube oil tank and associated pipework.
- Standing of 2 x Client supplied existing sanding towers and construction of footings to support the towers.